We are getting Adam Rateliff and the Handi Quilter Van of longarms back to Quilting Mayhem for three days of glorious Longarm Quilting Madness! Sign up soon before the classes fill up.
DAY ONE: Longarm Machine Quilting Basics
Class Description: Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm quilting basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles, and tension. Handi Quilter longarm machine and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, and are user-friendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
Objective: Learn skills that will help you manage your longarm machine with confidence.
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Adjustable and Micro Handles, and basic free-motion quilting
DAY TWO (Morning): Fast, Fun, and Fabulous Free-Motion Quilting
Class Description: Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free-motion quilting – and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt, or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free-motion quilting, and how you can create stunning designs.
Objective: Learn to create free motion designs that can be used to finish any quilt.
• How to develop an inventory of free-motion designs
• Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
• Edge-to-edge free-motion quilting
• Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
• Using Micro Handles and adjustable handlebars for free-motion control
DAY TWO (Afternoon): Ruler Essentials
Class description: If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
Objective: Learn the safe way to use rulers & templates. See ways that you can incorporate these tools in your quilting.
To continue to keep our staff and customers healthy, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
1. Please wash your hands at our hand-washing station or use the hand sanitizer provided at the entry of either the fabric or machine sales floor. 2. If you are not feeling well or have had a recent Covid-19 exposure, please shop with us online at www.quiltingmayhem.com 3. We will continue to offer porch pick up and shipping services for anyone who does not feel comfortable shopping in-store. 4. We will continue to support our quilting community and ask that everyone follow our lead in supporting our employees and fellow quilters who choose to continue to wear a mask for their own personal reasons. 5. If you are at risk and need assistance, please let us know so we can do the best we can to accommodate your needs.